Sunday, May 1, 2016

Earth's End (Book 3 in the Air Awakens series) by Elise Kova


Hello Book Lovers! Today I'm going to be talking about my thoughts and opinions on Earth's End, book #3 in the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova!









Book Synopsis: A woman awoken in air, a soldier forged by fire, a weapon risen from blood.

Vhalla Yarl has made it to the warfront in the North. Forged by blood and fire, she has steeled her heart for the final battle of the Solaris Empire’s conquest. The choices before Vhalla are no longer servitude or freedom, they are servitude or death. The stakes have never been higher as the Emperor maintains his iron grip on her fate, holding everything Vhalla still has left to lose in the balance.
 







Review:


For me, Earth's End's end of the story was the most brutal of all the cliffhangers that I've read! 

But I really enjoy the development of Vhalla, throughout both Fire Falling and Earth's End. And when it came to her character accepting that she was to march in the war, it's truly amazing to see her become more fierce than I thought she ever could. It was almost like she was more fire than wind. The certain losses that Vhalla had to endure just tugged at my heart so much, I honestly didn't know how to cope when reading this novel! The emotional and political obstacles that both Aldrik and Vhalla face are extremely brutal. But I find that the characters are all so special because you get to see the firsthand rawness of each and every one of them.

Although I'm warning you, if you have a favorite side character, he or she will most likely be dead by the end of the novel. It seems like Elise really does like to kill my favorite characters. But I understand... Elise writes so lovely that, in the end, you feel like you're in the novel, experiencing all of these emotions. Truthfully this is the reason why I love her series so much! 

As for the story.. Omg Elise Kova just keeps the action going!! How does she do it? Every single book in the Air Awakens series is a beautifully finished piece of work! They certainly keep you on the edge of your seat,  and there's twists and turns that are just downright wrong, but perfect at the same time.

And omg... If you haven't read EE yet, you may think I'm overreacting. But you'll understand it when you finish the novel. I wish it was possible to teleport into a story, because then I'd take the liberty of killing the Emperor myself. He is honestly one of the most horrible characters ever! I mean I understand why Elise created him, but I cannot stand him whatsoever. And I may just have to brutally hurt Aldrik after what he did. I mean he's one of the most mysterious and amazing characters to read about, but he deserves to have some sense knocked into him. I'm still sore on the subject even though I'm halfway done with Water's Wrath. Which by the way, IS FANTASTIC!! As Elise's books always are!!

I just can't contain my excitement about the Air Awakens series or even find the right words to express my strong emotions towards Earth's End!

I hope that you enjoyed my review, and I hope some of you feel the same way I do towards Elise's exquisite series! 



No comments:

Post a Comment