Sunday, May 1, 2016

Fire Falling #2 in the Air Awakens series by Elise Kova


Hello Book Lovers! How are you? I hope all is well! Here's my review of Fire Falling, book 2 in the Air Awakens series!
Water's Wrath, book 4 is coming out in the next couple of days, and I need to get my thoughts out on book 2,3, and 4. Before it actually comes out!








Fire Falling Synopsis:

Soldier… Sorcerer… Savior… Who is Vhalla Yarl?

Vhalla Yarl marches to war as property of the Solaris Empire. The Emperor counts on her to bring victory, the Senate counts on her death, and the only thing Vhalla can count on is the fight of her life. As she grapples with the ghosts of her past, new challenges in the present threaten to shatter the remnants of her fragile sanity. Will she maintain her humanity? Or will she truly become the Empire’s monster?


Book Review of Fire Falling: 

Rating: 10/5 stars!!!!!! 


OMG WHERE DO I START??? Fire Falling is only the second novel in the Air Awakens series, and SOOOOO much has happened.
It's just hard to believe that it's only the second novel in the series, and I'm already so immersed into the Air Awakens world.

Our main heroine, Vhalla Yarl isn't your average, typical,or cliché heroine who's always predictable and weak. Right from the start of the series, it's pretty evident that she's unique, and strong in numerous ways.
Vhalla Yarl was once a library apprentice for the Solaris Empire. But as several events take ahold of Vhalla's life, she's thrusted into a world full of war, politics, and magic, a world she's only ever heard of through her books.
Although most of all, Vhalla finds a new part of herself she does practically everything to deny. All until a mysterious prince changes her whole point of view. 
All is good for Vhalla, at least for awhile. Working on controlling her powers, and trying to get closer to the crown prince. But it doesn't last for long, as she soon finds herself on the verge of death, having to choose between execution or being property of the crown under the Solaris Empire.
(I guess being property of the crown is somewhat like dying, since your life is controlled at all times.)


Val becomes part of the Black Legion and is forced to march to war. She has to learn to live the life of a solider and slave sorcerer, instead of a librarian.

In Fire Falling, Vhalla Yarl never ceased to amaze me. I was in awe the entire time, of her character and her amazingly beautiful personality.

Also don't get me going on Vhal and Aldrik's relationship! So many emotions! I just love the way they're learning things about one another, and how their becoming closer and closer.

Now as for the Crown Prince by himself, I have to say that I'm somewhat unsure about some of his actions. But I absolutely love how Aldrik's harshness and mysteriousness falls away when he's with Vhalla. It's like is vulnerability just expands and releases tenfold.

(However, in Earth's End, my feelings for his overall existence are on the broad end of the spectrum. You'll know what I mean, when you pick it up and read it)



As for the entire novel itself, I'm beyond pleased with it. It's extremely evident that Elise Kova has spent so much time creating this wonderful series, but it's like she poured all of the heart and soul into it. I cannot muster up any words to explain how much I love Elise's writing style. There's somewhat of a old traditional style to it, that I just adore so much.

All in all, this is becoming one of my all time favorites! Amazing writing, and outstanding character development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment