Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken

Hello Book Lovers! I'm so sorry I've been so absent these last past two months. Just so busy with life overall. Anyways now that I'm somewhat settled in, and I've found time to write on here.. Here I am! So about two weeks ago I finished passenger by Alexandra Bracken, and  normally I'll write my review as soon as I finish it, but since I was so busy that hasn't happened until now.
Here are my thoughts and views of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken.

  Also I just want to point out how lovely the front cover is1 Isn't it divine?!?!?




Review

Etta lives her life in New York as a violin prodigy. Excited and stressed about her debut, Etta finds herself thrown into a world of time travel. Held against her own will, she is sent out to find a lost family heirloom. During the next six days, her and her new partner in crime (Nicolas Carter) journey into beautiful yet dangerous time frames, in search for the heirloom. And if they don't complete this dangerous task in six days, Etta's and Nicholas's timeline and lives will be erased. Can she protect her mom and Nicolas, while still saving herself? Or will she soon disappear in the madness of finding the most wanted heirloom, the Astrolabe. 

I really loved the aspect of time travel that was prevalent in Passenger. There aren't many YA time travel novels, so when Alexandra Bracken created one I immediately had to read it! I felt that the hype around it was somewhat overblown. It created certain expectations, many of which it did not seem to fulfill. The insta love between both Etta and Nicolas was somewhat unbearable to digest. I feel like it would've been more interested if it would've been drawn out. But in the end, Nicolas and Etta's relationship is cute, quirky, and packed full of humor. 
At times the main story, unlike the love portion, felt drawn out and slow, and it was most likely the feeing that Alexandra was trying to give off for the certain time frames in Passenger.  But it honestly didn't appeal to me as much as I wished. I craved for more action and in the end it wasn't evenly distributed. Now enough of me being hard on Passenger.
You can see it from a mile away that Alexandra Bracken really took the time to research certain time periods, as well as the history that went with it! She was so historically accurate, and kept to specific dates in time that she includes in Passenger. I was immediately drawn into Passenger from her use of the third person point of view in her novel.  
Her writing style is outstanding, and all of the characters she created have a special dynamic aspect that makes them feel real.

I didn't absolutely love the book as much I thought and hoped I did. But the cliffhanger that was placed at the end of Passenger had insured that Alexandra Bracken now has me hooked and I need to know what happens next!

I hope you all like my review of Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. Author of The Darkest Minds series.
 I've never read The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken, but now that I have I'd really love to dive into the series!

Have you read Passenger by Alexandra Bracken or her Darkest Minds series?

Best wishes and much love, 
Jade Crow






No comments:

Post a Comment