Thursday, December 31, 2015

Review of The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Hello book lovers!! Happy New Years Eve!


What are your plans for tonight? Partying? Reading? Spending time with family?
Anyways here's my review of The Road by Cormac McCarthy!! I hope you enjoy it!



I feel extremely compelled to write this review of The Road by Cormac McCarthy not just because I enjoyed it immensely but also because there were things about this novel that I wasn't fond of.
Honestly I feel that The Road is meant to be read in a short time span, which I unfortunately didn't get to do. In the end that made me feel at times that the story kept droning on and on. The way some of the words were selected in The Road also felt repetitive at times too.
Although those were my main problems with The Road, I throughly enjoyed the way that Cormac wrote out his storyline. I liked how almost each paragraph was a new day in the story, I want to say it was almost like a diary in that sense. The way that Cormac delivers the tragedy in The Road is utterly chilling especially when it comes to the poetic descriptiveness he gives you tastes of throughout the novel. I'm really addicted to the fact that it's not a complicated fantasy story, it's not a cliché zombie apocalypse novel either. It's a story of a man and his son who fight to no end to survive in the harshest climates where there's almost nothing salvageable, there's people out there who are desperate for flesh and bone, and no hope... Except for each other.
Cormac McCarthy enhanced my insight on how precious life, as well as family can be. And how horrific it is when not just your family crumbles, but your entire life and world is gone.
When I finished The Road, the world basically dropped out from underneath me. I felt that the ending was absolutely a killer and perfect at the same time. In a way it made me feel wanting more. Which crushed all of my nerve endings because I was so completely enthralled with it, I did't know how to act when it finally ended.The way that Cormac wrote The Road, it really made you feel like you were apart of the story, and that resulted to me staring at the wall for a couple of minutes trying to gather myself together, while saying "Oh my gosh" in my head for the millionth time! 
The devastating heartbreak, post apocalyptic novel that Cormac McCarthy created was a complete and truthful masterpiece!


Thank you all! I loved this year of blogging! There's going to be more to come! So excited to be apart of the book world! 

Best wishes and much love,
Jade Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment