Saturday, December 5, 2015

November Wrap-Up

Hey Book Lovers! How many books did you read for the month of November? Did you enjoy them all? I read a total of 9 books this month! Which is way better than I thought I would've done.
So I'll start in order from the first to last! I hope you all enjoy!




5/5 stars
*1) The first book that I read for the month of November is Bound by Prophecy by Melissa Wright. 1st book in The Descendants series. I actually had this book on my October TBR as well. But since I finished it the 1st or 2nd day of November I also counted it for my wrap up. I really felt that Bound by Prophecy was a great opening to The Descendants series!

To view my review of Bound by Prophecy please click here.




5/5 stars
*2)  The second book that I read for my November TBR is Shirting Fate by Melissa Wright. Second book in The Descendants series. I found that I enjoyed the second book the most out of the entire series. Just because there were many important climaxes throughout the entire novel. I also really loved that there were perspective changes from the first and second book in the series.
To view my review of Shifting Fate please click here.


5/5 stars

*3) The third book that I read for the month of November was Reign of Shadows by Melissa Wright. Third ( And I believe final book in The Descendants series. I truly felt that Reign of Shadows was a fantastic novel. But it felt a little too rushed to me. I felt like there could've been more included to the story and maybe even a fourth book in the series.

To view my review of Reign of Shadows please click here.






But over all I give this series a 5/5 stars. It was a super suspenseful read, as well as enjoyable. The characters were so diverse and super beautiful and strong. The romance and tension between the main characters like Aren,Emily,Brianna,Morgan,and Logan played a crucial part in the series. And the tension between all of them was so addicting. The character building and magical building was truly awesome! I loved all of the special capabilities that Melissa Wright gives her characters. The embelishments that Melissa Wright gives The Descendants series ties everything in together to where it makes it overall amazing.








5/5 stars
*4) Book four in my November Wrap-Up  is Soothsayer by Allison Sipe. The story,climax, and ending were superb in the way of making you feel like your an actual character in Soothsayer. I can't fathom how much I love that quality when it comes to reading books. Allison Sipe has an extreme talent  for description. And the ending was such a cliffhanger it left me on a book slump for quite sometime.The main character Violet has this wonderful aura and personality that can be so relatable to. I really loved the magical realms behind Soothsayer and I can't wait to learn more about it.

To view my review of Soothsayer please click here!




4/5 stars
*5) The fifth book I read for the month of November is Cinder by Marissa Meyer. First book in The Lunar Chronicles series. I really enjoyed the fact that Marissa Meyer wrote her series inspired by fairytales. The Grimes fairytales to be exact. The entire idea around Cinder was amazing. I loved how Cinder was created to be a futuristic novel. And the fact that Cinder has it's own spin on it and  is nothing like the original Cinderella fairytale. The only problem that I had with it was that for me Cinder was quite confusing for the first 200 pages or so. Just because since I was just entering into a new world, I did't know much of what was going on. Other than that all of the characters especially Iko were amazing. Queen Levanna gets under my skin so bad sometimes. I actually had to put the book down a couple of times because of that!

To view my review of Cinder please click here.



5/5 stars
*6) The sixth book that I read in the month of November is Scarlet by Marissa Meyer. The second book in The Lunar Chronicles series. I thoroughly enjoyed Scarlet. I loved the perspective changes and the fact that Scarlet was inspired by Red Riding Hood. I felt that Scarlet was slightly more along the lines of the actual Red Riding Hood story. Whereas Cinder wasn't as similar to the actual Cinderella story. Since I new more about The Lunar world, I went into Scarlet with more expectations and knowledge from the last book. I'm extremely in love with the relationship that Wolf and Scarlet have! And I'm super excited to read Cress and Winter in December!

To view my review of Scarlet please click here.





5/5 stars
*7) The next book I read for the month of November is The Awakened by Sara Elizabeth Santana. And OMG was that an emotional rollercoaster for me! I'm so in love with Sara Elizabeth's writing! It's like a mash up of Jennifer L Armentrout but with her own flare. The whole idea and inspiration around Zombies was so creative! I've never read this great of a zombie novel before. And all I can say is that she has an amazing talent for making you feel like your in the story but also having an eerie feeling close behind you. The Awakened kept me awake at night. I cannot wait for the sequel!

To view my review of The Awakened please click here.





*8) The eighth book in my November Wrap Up is Oblivion by Jennifer L Armentrout. I thankfully ended up getting an early copy! 5 whole days before it came out. But I'm just so happy that Jennifer decided to write Obsidian but from Daemon's perspective. I was so devastated when The Lux series ended because I couldn't let go of the characters that meant so much to me!  In the end I didn't let them go. But it was still sad that I wouldn't be able to read anymore from The Lux series.
And then Jennifer L Armentrout makes my day and creates this beautiful story! I loved Daemon more than I loved Kat's perspective. The author did a fantastic job by making both Obsidian and Oblivion correspond and mirror to each other. I'm not entirely sure if Jennifer will be creating the rest of the series from Daemon's perspective. Or if she has, then I'm not entirely sure if she will release them.
But I sure hope to god she does!

To view my review of Oblivion please click here.



*9) And last but not least the ninth book I read for my November TBR is Oppression by Jessica Therrien. Sadly I was pressing time by the end of the month for the R& R challenge that Jessica Therrien is hosting. So I basically quickly read/skimmed through Oppression and wrote the quickest review I've ever wrote in the history of me writing reviews. But now that it's month of December. I've decided to take the time to "actually read it". And since I only skimmed/quick read it. All I canny at the moment is that I really loved the whole idea of the main character Elyse aging 5 times slower than the average human. And the fact that Greek Gods are tied into her story.

To view my review of Oppression please click here!


Thank you all! What are you reading for the month of December? My Wrap Up will be up shortly!


Best wishes much love,
Jade Crow

No comments:

Post a Comment