Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Wrap Up

Hey Book Lovers! Here are the novels I've read throughout the month of October 2015
Have you read any of these novels? Is so tell me what you think about them! What did you read for the month of October?
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
So I'd like to start off by tell you all that I read more books then I planned to read for the month of October! And I also didn't stick to my TBR as much as I thought I would...


Rating 5/5
So the first book that I read for the month of October is "Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things by Martina McAtee 
The first book in the Dead Things series! This book is the perfect book for Halloween time! I couldn't put it down! Every page was a creepy treat! And I absolutely cannot wait for the second book in the Dead Things series called Dark Souls! To view my review please click here.





Rating 5/5
The second book in my TBR pile that I read was Searching for Darkness by Leah Ward
SFD was packed full of thrill and adventure!! It was quite a quick read but so extremely enjoyable! It kept me on my toes!! To view my review of SFD please click here.




Rating 5/5

The third book in my pile is Shadow and Bone by Leigh Badugo! I got the amazing opportunity to meet Leigh Bardugo for her Six Of Crows signing! She so amazing!! I'm sad that I never read Shadow and Bone sooner but I'm so happy that I did read it! The Grisha world is so intoxicating! I need to live there! Please click here to view my review





Rating 5/5
Fourth book that I read for my October TBR is Becoming by Debra Kristi.  The first book in the Balance Bringer series! Becoming is like no other book I've read! I love how unique Becoming is! I felt like I could relate to the main character Ana very well! And I'm beyond excited for Awakening to come out! To view my review of Becoming please click here




Rating 2/5
The fifth book that I read was By These Ten Bones by Clare B. Dunkle . I thought that the story was quite different and I like the new take on werewolves. The fact that it was creepy was a plus.
But in the end I only gave this book 2 stars. I found that there wasn't enough romance between the main characters to actually call it "love". I felt without that aspect it wasn't really a story. The character development was still on the brink of evolving when the book ended. I really wish that Clare would've written a sequel to By These Ten Bones. To view my review please click here.





Rating 5/5
The sixth book in my October TBR is The Fort by Rhonda Holt. Gosh this book was a tear jerker!! I loved it so so much!! It reminded me of the movie Boyhood but even better!! We follow a boy named Jake throughout his entire childhood life, teenage life, and adulthood. The Fort was sad and amazing all at once!! To view my review on The Fort please click here.




Rating 4/5
The Seventh book of my October TBR is Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. The second book in the Grisha Trilogy was so amazing and yet depressing.. Our main character Alina Starkov goes through her life as the Sun Summoner the hard way. Her and her best friend Mal end up falling in love.. But in Siege and Storm their relationship starts to deteriorate.. It was extremely painful and slow death, reading about Alina and Mal's relationship slowly separating.. In the end I really love Siege and Storm and I can't wait to read the last book in the Grisha trilogy Ruin and Rising! To view my review please click here.



And last but not least the eighth book in my October TBR is Bound by Prophecy by Melissa Wright. I'm loving it so far!! Since I started it a couple of days back. It will be apart of my November TBR too!! 



Thank you so much! I hope you enjoyed my October TBR. I didn't stick to many of the books that I said I was going to read. But I'm making it my goal for my November TBR to read all of the books I assign myself. I want to try and not go out of my TBR pile for November! My November TBR will be up shortly! Thank you!

Best wishes, Jade Crow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment