Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Spooktober 2016 TBR

Hello Bookaholics! How've you been? So sorry I've been absent for awhile, I've been extremely busy with school and studying for midterms. Plus some of my relatives from out of state have come to stay with me, so I've been taking them around my local area for sight seeing and whatnot.



But now I'm finally back on here, and it's felt like forever since I've done a monthly TBR or Wrap-Up. But now that it's October, I'm endeavoring to get some things back on track. I'm a huge fan of anything that revolves around Halloween or the month of October, and even though I'm much older now, I still enjoy making my Halloween costumes and dressing up every year.


Also, before I get into my TBR for the month of October, if you want to keep tabs on what I'm reading you can follow me on Goodreads. I post on there quite often especially since I have a Goodreads reading goal this year. My bookclub over on IG has a Goodreads page as well, and we have a monthly read along every month. This month will be a spooky read, so it's not too late to join us for the October read along.






Book 1)
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

I mainly wanted to read this because the movie recently came out, which I've been dying to watch. (And I'm that kind of person that likes to read the books before watching the movie/tv series) Secondly, I wanted to read the novel because it's an adult suspense/mystery novel that has a lot of hype around it, and, to be honest, I've never really read an "adult mystery novel".


I actually already finished this novel as my first Spooktober book of the month! And let me just tell you.. it's down right thrilling and chilling at the same time. So I suggest you pick it up! (Review will be up soon)



(Spoiler... It's not who you think it is)




Book 2) Because of Low by Abbi Glines





Now since I had just finished "The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins, I needed a super romantic read, as TGOTT was rather depressing.
Anyways, ever since I read the first book in the "Seabreeze" series by Abbi Glines, its been a little addicting. I mean come on, they're basically like candy. I just finished reading "Because of Low" and gosh it was fantastic!
My review for Because of Low will be up soon as well.








Book 3) The Alchemists of Loom by Elise Kova



I'm a mega fan of Elise's novels! Her Air Awakens series is beyond mind-blowing, and her world building skills are killer. AoL is her first "adult fantasy" novel, and I'm super excited to dive into it! Reviews for her novel are already starting to pop up around Goodreads. Here's a little quick shoutout to my wonderful book reviewing/blogg friends @madforbooksluv and @novelstosong will be buddy reading "The Alchemists of Loom" with me. I'll be tweeting my status updates on AoL as well as Goodreads.











Book 4) Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman



The second book in the Illumane series is coming out in less than a week from now, and I've only heard fantastic things about this series. Sadly I haven't read the first novel yet, and since it's super close to the release date of the second novel, it would be a perfect time to dive into the series. My bookclub @YADiversity is actually reading the sequel for the month of November, so if you'd like to Gemina for the first time, then please join in on the reading fun!







Book 5) A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis







So I've heard that A Madness so Discreet is a "beautifully-twisted  historical thriller". Now who wouldn't want to read that, especially in the month of October? I am super intrigued his novel, and I cannot wait to dive into the thrilling darkness that it has to offer.


So that was all for my Spooktober 2016 TBR. I had a few more novels on my TBR Pile for this month, but lets be real; balancing school and life, it's hard to read loads of books every month.

What does your Spooktober TBR look like? Have you read any Spooky reads for the month of October 2016? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment